Immune Phix Ingredients
Immune Phix Ingredient list
- PhytaphixTM vitamin C blend (organic Indian Gooseberry + Acerola cherry extract),
- Whole elderberry powder,
- Whole strawberry powder,
- 100% pure organic Japanese Matcha Green Tea,
- PhytaphixTM Vitamin D Complex (Organic Vitamin D3 (as vegan cholecalciferol)
+ Marine Multimineral from the Irish Sea,
- Zinc citrate,
- Selenium (from L-Selenomethionine),
- Irish B12 Mushroom.
our vitamin b12 in immune phix is derived from dried irish mushroom.
mushrooms are a fascinating foodstuff with many unique aspects. although often thought of as a vegetable, mushrooms are actually a fungi. they have gained attention for their health effects. For example, mushrooms have been demonstrated to
- increase immune cell number;
- improve mucosal immunity;
- lower inflammation;
- increase antibody levels;
- decrease infection rate.
our vitamin c is derived from elderberry, acerola cherry, indian gooseberry and strawberry.
research has reported that fruit powders can significantly reduce number of days with respiratory tract symptoms in healthcare professionals, policemen and students.
- decrease dna damage;
- decrease inflammation;
- increase immune cells;
- increase antioxidant status;
- increase blood nutrient level.
Elderberries are a rich source of vitamin c and polyphenols and have long been used for immune health.
- a 2019 scientific review reported that ‘supplementation with elderberry was found to substantially reduce upper respiratory symptoms’…from ‘from viral infections’.
- a 2020 review of clinical studies reported that elderberry: ‘may reduce influenza-type symptoms, including fever, headache, nasal congestion and nasal mucous discharge in adults’ and ‘most adult participants experienced significant symptom reduction, by an average of 50%’.
Cherries are a rich source of vitamin C and polyphenols and there is evidence that cherry consumption can decrease inflammation.
- A 2015 study reported that cherry consumption before and after running a marathon decreased inflammation and completely prevented upper respiratory tract symptoms. However, 50% of those runners who didn’t consume cherry experienced symptoms.
Dried Indian Gooseberry is one of the highest sources of antioxidants ever reported.
Strawberries are a rich source of vitamin C and polyphenols.
- A 2013 study reported that freeze dried strawberry increased the number of immune cells.
Vitamin D algae
Our vitamin D3 is derived from marine algae.
- Vitamin D3 is the best type of vitamin D, being as much as 87% more potent than vitamin D2.
Our founder, Dr. Conor Kerley has published 12 papers regarding vitamin D in international, medical and scientific, peer reviewed journals, including:
- 2019 review of vitamin D and acute respiratory tract infections. Our review reported a 12% reduction in respiratory infections with vitamin D supplementation. This effect was only seen with daily supplementation, not with less regular supplementation of larger doses.
- 2020 study with colleagues at Connolly Hospital, Blanchardstown demonstrating lower vitamin D levels in those with severe COVID-19 compared to less severe COVID-19;" grey-background="" />
Research specific to green tea
- Green tea can increase the white blood cell activity;
- Green tea can increase the total blood anti-oxidant status;
- Green tea can decrease influenza risk by 50% compared to placebo.
- Green tea nutrients can decrease respiratory infection symptoms, days of illness;
- Green tea nutrients can enhance the immune response to vaccination;
- Green tea can decrease infection risk among nursing home residents by 72%;
- Green tea can decrease infection risk among healthcare workers by 75%.
But not all green tea is created equally. It has been demonstrated than Matcha green tea contains far more nutrients that ordinary green or black tea., However, the Matcha we use contains more nutrients than standard Matcha! For example, gram for gram our Matcha contain 20,000 times more of EGCG flavonoid than standard green tea!